Welcome to the netTrekker Welcome Kit!
Welcome to netTrekker and thank you for your order! The information contained within this Welcome Kit will guide you through the implementation process. If you have any additional questions, please contact us at 877.517.1125.
- View netTrekker Features Tour (4 minute Flash video) to preview an overview of netTrekker's award winning features
- Bookmark (add to your Favorites) the internet shortcut to netTrekker: http://school.nettrekker.com.
netTrekker recommends that each user create a login for themselves through the online registration process. A login enables access to netTrekker from school or home. Usernames may not be duplicated; however, passwords may be repeated. Students, teachers, and parents have the ability to create their own usernames and passwords from our registration page. Optionally, the use of a single shared username is permitted in netTrekker.
IP access is an option for district-wide subscriptions only and will require you to reply to us with your IP addresses. This allows you to access netTrekker at school without a username and password.
An Administrative username allows access to netTrekker Admin Tools which is located in the yellow My Tools section in netTrekker. This provides you with the ability to track your school's usage and manage usernames registered to a particular school.
Provided in your welcome email, you received an Administrator username which has been created for you. We recommend that you change the password for this username by clicking on Profile in the yellow My Tools section, once you log into netTrekker. If you have a district subscription, you can move among different schools with your admin username. This can also be changed by clicking Profile in the yellow My Tools section, and changing the school name with which it is associated by clicking on the school name drop-down menu.
There are a few items that can be of great help in the implementation of netTrekker that we would like to highlight for you. Please visit our Training Resources section for additional help.
- Quick Reference Guide - A brief, 8-page PDF document that identifies netTrekker's features.
- Implementation Tips - This link will take you to a list of implementation checklists. View the Administrator page for great suggestions on how to successfully roll out netTrekker.
Tools for Users and Parents
- ELL Lesson Plans - Enhance your teaching of English language learners with this educator-written document for implementing netTrekker English Learners Channel in your classroom.
- Parent Letter - It tells parents what netTrekker is and how they can register. Feel free to customize this with your school's information.
Free Online Videos
See our extensive selection of FREE Video Resources. Use these tutorials to provide targeted training on netTrekker features.
netTrekker Professional Development helps you ensure a successful implementation of your netTrekker solutions. Prepare your instructional coaches and teachers by developing the knowledge and skills necessary to support improved educator practice and student learning.
- Webinar Series - Online webinars are a cost effective way to send multiple individuals through training by saving on travel expenses.
- Online Courses - Our online courses provide extensive netTrekker training designed to fit into your busy schedule. We offer non-facilitated introductory through advanced classes, and a graduate level facilitated class.
- Onsite Workshops - An onsite workshop provides extensive hands-on training meeting your specific needs of your netTrekker subscription as well as how to integrate with other technologies.
- Differentiated Instruction Packages - Hands-on class that enhances the capacity of teachers to meet students' needs by exploring ways to integrate Internet-based tools to help differentiate instruction and student achievement of state standards and 21st Century Learning skill.
Connect with Us
- Encourage your staff to sign-up for their own copy of the netTrekker Newsletter to receive a monthly e-newsletter containing helpful tips, product news, and feature articles. Past netTrekker newsletters are archived for easy access.
- Join netTrekker Village - a hub for netTrekker educators to connect. Villagers can share best practices, ideas for enhancements, learn about new features that will be released in netTrekker, as well as general discussion about what's most important to them
- Subscribe to the netTrekker Blog for educational best practices, ways to integrate netTrekker with our partners' products, 21st century learning skills ideas, and training and implementation strategies
- Follow netTrekker on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Contact Us - Direct questions to netTrekker Customer Support via netTrekker's Contact Us found the yellow My Tools section.