Randy Wilhelm / Chief Executive Officer
Randy Wilhelm passionately believes that students must be the ultimate and natural focus of education and learning. A driven leader creating dialogue, opportunity and innovation in education, Wilhelm is the CEO and co-founder of netTrekker, the leader in the delivery of digital K-12 educational content.
The company's flagship product, netTrekker, pioneered educational search tools in K-12 schools by delivering safe, relevant, educator-reviewed digital resources and personalized learning tools to support students' individual learning needs. With netTrekker, Wilhelm lead the industry to change how digital curriculum is tagged, sorted and delivered to all stakeholders in K-12 education.
Wilhelm believes that student-centered personalizing learning requires creative collaboration of willing, flexible players within the education marketplace. To this end, he fostered collaborative partnerships throughout the education and technology industries with major hardware manufacturers, educational publishers, and software developers. Wilhelm has been a featured speaker at numerous industry events and universities, inspiring others to challenge the norms and innovate in education to make a difference in a student’s life.
Prior to netTrekker, Wilhelm spent more than a dozen years principally consulting Fortune 500 businesses on improving how they buy and deliver employee benefits packages. As Executive Vice President at USI Midwest (NASDAQ:USIH), he spearheaded an innovative process to deliver rapid and sustainable growth at one of the world's leading insurance brokers.
Wilhelm’s commitment to the community includes serving on several education and youth related not-for-profit and for-profit boards and committees including:
- Board of Directors member for Consortium for School Networking (CoSN)
- Board member for Association of Educational Publishers (AEP)
- Executive Board member for The Partnership for 21st Century Skills
- Board member of Teen Challenge Cincinnati
- Executive Advisory Board, Xavier University, Williams College of Business (Entrepreneurship & Management)
- Past Chairman of the Board for Fernside; A Center for Grieving Children
- Past National Chairman of the Board for American Heritage Girls (Scouting organization)
- Past Executive Advisory Board member for the Join Together Project for Deaf Education
- Past member of the HELP Team (Hurricane Education Leadership Program)
In 2009, Wilhelm was honored as the Larry Albice Award recipient, given by the Hamilton County Development Company (Cincinnati, OH) for entrepreneurship and community involvement.
He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from DePauw University and lives in Mason, Ohio, with his wife and five children.